Sunday, March 24, 2013

8 Breakfast Options and Why You Should Be Eating It



Whenever people ask me what they can do to lose weight or 'be healthier' I am inclined to ask, "Do you eat breakfast?" I'm surprised when they said 'No" because just like having coffee in the morning is essential for some people; breakfast in the morning is essential for me and my health.

If your theory is, "I don't eat breakfast because I want to save my calories for the rest of the day." Then I would say that, well you aren't saving anything, in fact you're probably eating more and making it harder for your body to metabolize it. Think about it, most of the time you ate dinner the night before from 6-8 pm. If you wake up at 8:30 a.m. you may not be having breakfast till 9:00 a.m.--13 hours from when you last ate.

 Did you know that your digestive system stops working while you sleep? Everything you eat at night and have not burned off by the time you fall asleep is quickly converted to fat or glycogen (the body's form of 'quick' energy storage) and the body rests.

You need that 'jump start' in the morning to get your bodies metabolism going. Metabolism: the amazing chemical process of the body that burns energy (calories). 

What do I eat for breakfast?

2. Toast with Almond Butter and an Apple/Fruit
3. Greek Yogurt and Homemade Granola with Chia Seeds
4. Egg and Veggie Omelette

There you go... one for every day.

For those of you who are in a rush every morning: Grab a granola bar, piece of fruit, or greek yogurt cup. Keep plastic spoons in your car or run to Starbucks. I happen to love their Oatmeal.


What's your favorite breakfast? What starts your morning? Let me know, I'd love to change it up. xoxo

Save your life. Be Healthy 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave me a comment!

What do you want to see more of on 'Model Eats Blog?'