Monday, August 12, 2013

Chia Seed Pudding


Chia seeds are one of my favorite 'super-foods'. By adding them to oatmeal, water, smoothies, stir fries, or eating them raw, I can eat  4-5 tablespoons a day. Chia Seeds are little, black, grey, and white seeds that absorb 12 times their weight in water. They are good for weight loss, feeling full, hydration, and controlling blood sugar.

This is my favorite way to eat chia seeds. The Chia seed forms a gel when mixed with water and when left alone forms a 'pudding' like consistency that makes for a dessert you feel good about. I will have this for breakfast, a snack, or dessert. If you have any questions feel free to ask!


Basic Chia Seed Pudding

3 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
1 Cup of Homemade Almond Milk
Stevia, Honey, or Maple Syrup (I don't recommend Agave)

Combine all ingredients into a bowl and whisk. Let the mixture sit for 1 minute and then whisk again. At this point you can add any ingredients you would like for flavoring. Some can include:

  • Nuts
  • 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract (Vanilla Pudding)
  • Coconut
  • Bananas
  • Craisins, Raisins, Dried Fruit
  • Bee Pollen. 
  • cacao/cocoa powder
Whisk again and pour into a mug or jar and refrigerate for an hour/overnight.


5 comments:

  1. awesome recipe! Why don't you recommend Agave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Agave has a higher fructose percentage than other sugars like maple syrup and honey. Too much fructose can have a bad impact on your liver and heart from a series of events that happens when you consume fructose! Sugar is sugar but I just prefer to choose maple syrup, honey, or stevia!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to try this for dessert. I hope my husband likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! Can't wait to try this at home! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave me a comment!

What do you want to see more of on 'Model Eats Blog?'