Friday, September 7, 2012

Face Mapping

Summertime 'skin bakes' in HS with Carissa

When I was in highschool I would invite my friends over to lay on my trampoline covered in baby oil. We weren't dumb; we knew the trampoline would attract the sun more than grass or pavement and  thereby enhance our tans. Oh yeah, so smart! Not. So, this week in Miami i found myself underneath a towel and sunscreen. I was trying to 'hide' from the sun for protection; Little did i know that my skin was being tormented by what i love most, Chocolate. 
lunch time chocolate cake at the Ritz

I ate more chocolate in the last ten days than i've had all year... combined! The first day the maid knocked on my door and asked if I wanted 'turn down service or chocolate?' What kind of question is that? 'Yes, Please!' She handed me a huge handful of chocolates. Once I figured out that the maids carried chocolate, I tracked them down every afternoon before 'turn down service'.  Moderation? Shmoderation.

I paid. Oh, i paid. My skin was flipping-out and I had to figure out why...

 Face mapping is a popular method in skin care. It focuses on many different areas of the face to decipher what is going on inside of the body. Maybe you get a pimple consistently in the same part of your face... 'a face map' COULD explain why. 


I found that the breakouts on my chin were probably caused by the copious amounts of sugar I had ingested. Surprise, Surprise! Your diet effects your skin. You see, when the body detects certain levels of hormones it tries to dispose of these toxins using your skin. Did you know you can even get acne on your cheeks from not brushing your teeth!!? Gross. 

This table that I found on Skinacea, suggests solutions to your breakout problems vs. the inner cause of your acne like the previous link. 
I'm now 2 days 'clean' from chocolate; whether coincidence or consequence, my skin is returning to normal. Praise the heavens.

1 comment:

What do you think? Leave me a comment!

What do you want to see more of on 'Model Eats Blog?'